Thursday, September 01, 2005

Weekend plans: Drink, blog, repeat.

Freaking RidiculousShort post this morning until my doctor appointment and hopefully some pain relief. A co-worker with family in Georgia reported gas in the five to six dollar range this morning. (My area is still right around three.)
So, for those who enjoy my verbal vomit, you will have plenty to read this weekend, as I am planning on drinking, blogging, and drinking some more. Anything to avoid using gas.

The following from a joke email on how to have fun while at work: Make up nicknames for all your coworkers and refer to them only by these names. "That's a good point, Sparky." "No I'm sorry I'm going to have to disagree with you there, Chachi." made me remember something I was going to post about earlier, "dude" is no longer acceptable at work.

Seriously. Dude is a term that can now land you in the Human Resources office. Why? Some people feel dude is offensive, like you are implying they are a surfer, a stoner, or a male, if you called a girl dude. (Which many people do, dude has become non-gender specific.)

Don't people have more important things to worry about? Like, what about the high gas prices dude?

17 comments:

Sherri Sanders said...

We do the nick name thing where I work. I love it! We have a barky, slacker, putz, big dog, ace....etc. I'm lip gloss. LOL

DaMasta said...

When I was in high school, my friends and I made up names for everyone we knew. That way we could talk about you to your face and you would never know...

MWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAA...

Names included:
Toe Jam
Butt Cheese
Pillow Butt
Blow Pop
ACK
Margarita
Chester
Frog Legs

Bobby said...

Good for you Patsy, I will toast to you each and every drink, until I am too drunk to remember to toast anymore.

And today's verification word is: PRKOCET. (and some Valium thrown in for good measure.) Luckily, alcohol only intensifies the effects....

Bobby said...

Cass, I work in the wonderful world of Human Resources. Before everyone starts to hate me, I Train people, which is really not a Human Resources job. I am not the one who fires or writes stupid policies like "Don't call people dude."

And the dude thing is relatively new, but I thought I would share, so we can all be prepared.

DaMasta said...

Hi Bobby,

I work for HR too. I don't do anything all day, really. Today, my cursor started moving all by itself. I think it's the tech guys trying to spy on me. I hope they don't start blocking blogger sites. Then what would I do all day? One fun thing I get to do is to read the applications of all the new applicants that come thru here on their way to their first interview.
See my blog for details :)

www.quesadillasforbreakfast.blogspot.com

Bobby said...

Damasta, I started reading your blog the other day, and saw the HR connection. We will have to have a "Stupid policy" or "stupid resume" contest sometime soon.

kris said...

Listen Britney, we all should be biking to work anyway . . . unless we've drinking, blogging, and then drinking . . .

Spinning Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spinning Girl said...

patsy--funny! We all buy gas because we don't need it. Thank the lawd for a catastrophe to stop all our unnecessary spending!

I for one am taking the train all next week.

At my job, we abandoned "dude" for the more gender-specific "ho" and "peckerhead".

Hey Bobby--my Word-ver is "mrfxe". Can I call you "Mr. Foxee" from now on? rrrrRRRRRRRRrrrr

Bobby said...

SG, yes, Mr. Foxee seems like it fits, and it just kind of rolls off of your tongue.

Spinning Girl said...

I'm going to do a little experiment with this. I'm using mrfxe in my post. You don't mind if I use you, right? I'll misspell it to protect the innocent.

Bobby said...

use me all you want, SG, anytime you want. :)

LBseahag said...

That's why we use character names at my job-
I work with Smithers, Gargamel, and Todd from Beavis and Butthead..

DaMasta said...

Hey Bobby,

Great idea. Let's have a stupid resume contest. [Because even tho I work for HR, I don't know any company policies]. We can have a stupid "contribution" contest. Ya know that part of the resume that says "Please list anything that you would like us to know when considering your application". This one guy yesterday put "diligent", but he misspelled it.

Word ver - "ulmtc" ...mmmm...makes me think of "ultimate cheeseburger"

Spinning Girl said...

I will, and I did.
Twice.
hokkux, everyone. hokkux.

Spinning Girl said...

Damasta--I read a resume once that said
"Great attention to detial"
HAW HAW

DaMasta said...

Hey everyone,
Read my first comment and guess what "name" I went by in High School.

Ready, go.


word-ver: "siwzl" - definition: a one night stand from a swingers club.