Wednesday, September 07, 2005

RuPaul and Ashley Judd. Don't ask me why.

You better work!Note to self. Add this RuPaul Doll (seriously) to list of things that people better not buy me, but probably will. Especially with Christmas coming up. Note to Readers: The remainder of this post does not mention Rupaul or the doll, please continue without fear.

There's been a lot of talk about blogs and bloggers lately. Most of it's been good, and I have agreed with so much of it. A little bit of it has been very critical of blogs and the writers, and I just started wondering if the people being critical are just doing it for a reaction? I mean, the majority of their readers are bloggers as well.

But on a lighter note, let's all thank Ashley Judd for deciding not to create and write a blog. This is a quote from her:

"Every morning, I put down all my annoyances on paper so I don't take them out on people later in the day. I would be completely embarrassed if anyone ever read them. It's like, 'My tea is the wrong temperature, and I don't want to get up.'"

Wow. If my tea, or other drink, is the wrong temperature, I didn't even know not getting up was an option. Ok, it's not really an option for me, but I just think some of the quotes that celebrity "news" outlets use are just ridiculous. I mean, Ashley Judd must have said something, sometime, that was a little more relevant or interesting than that.

Right?

Okay, maybe not.

16 comments:

LBseahag said...

opps...that was geared towards me when i told that guy jerk of all trades that his audience was fluff...

i feel terrible...go get me an icecube for my tea...i can't get outta bed....

Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

You know, just for mentioning it, you're probably going to get SEVERAL RuPaul dolls. Zoiks! I can only imagine what a group of them would be doing in your world.

Ashley Judd is pretty and should just be quiet so we can all worship her without regret.

The blog-bashing lately has really hit home with me. Since you read my blog, you know. I have a friend (a real friend) who refuses to even look at my blog because he is anti-blogging. They're too *trendy* and he wants nothing to do with them. Why-oh-why can't I just slap people around a little bit without worrying about arrests and lawsuits? Really, I think I'd be doing the world a lot of good!

DaMasta said...

I don't get out of bed if my toes are the wrong temperature.

Who is blog bashing? I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess the blogger has the right to write about whatever they want, but then again the basher has a right to bash whatever they want. So... I guess get out of bed, drink your tea, and get over it.

Ritmeyer said...

I once thought blogs were dumb. I didn't spend any time bashing them, but whatever.

Now I love them. I think people either 1. haven't read many 2. have read many, but forgot to take the stick out of their ass, or 3. well, their just dumb like I used to think blogs were.

LBseahag said...

I sit here wringing my hands waiting for bobby to add a new entry...its that burning feeling i get when i find that there is XTC at a party...

Serena said...

I have a blog problem. I live in one of the most beautiful, culturally-rich cities in the world, and I check the blooger world two or three times a day!

Bobby said...

I've been low key today. They are watching me at work today. Bastards.

SShhh... I'll post when I get home. Promise.

DaMasta said...

Serena - Just two or three times a day, you naughty girl. I refresh my screen constantly like Whitney Houston would if it was dispensing crack.

Hey, how's that for a metaphor. Or is it a simile..I forget...

Spinning Girl said...

Oh oh
::adds ice cube to tea::
But really, where are you hearing all this talk abotu blogs & blogging? On blogs, or elsewhere?
What are they saying?
If it's bad, send 'em to me and I'll school 'em but good.

Spinning Girl said...

speaking of schooling, can I larn to spell, dammit?
ABOUT.
But really, where is all this bashing taking place, and do I need to bring a big stick or a little?

Spinning Girl said...

LEARN!!!
I'm leaving now.

Bobby said...

I will link some of the blog bashing and blog musings later. I've been running acoss them just in the last week or so... probably just a phase and they'll grow out of it.

oh, and now that I am at home, up yours WORK. Don't worry, they know who they are.

Spinning Girl said...

p.s. RuPaul..

I love/hate him/her.
SO MUCH.

Bobby said...

SG, which one for which one? I don't mind her, I just don't care for him all that much.

babyjewels said...

If that's all she's got to write about, perhaps she shouldn't have a blog. rupaul is purty.

Spinning Girl said...

Let's see if I can figure this out...

love her ("Ru")
hate him ("Paul")

Yep, that's it.