Sunday, September 25, 2005

Add one part H2O, one part Laptop.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. Amongst the numerous things currently going wrong in my life, I spilled water all over my laptop, which is already experiencing technical difficulties.

I turned it off, dried it well, and it came on by itself, displaying some very disturbing images on the display. I turned it back off, and it came back on, by itself, this time with a blank screen.

I turned it off, once again, and later tried turning it on, it didn't seem to be working.

One more time, and it appears to be working, at least we well as before. (Power issues) I might have to go back to my roomie's MAC, which we all know how we feel about that.

9 comments:

Monkey said...

Just don't put it in the oven.

Sherri Sanders said...

Yikes!! Hope everything dries out and no lasting damage.

kris said...

Don't turn it off, whatever you do.

Or maybe splash it with water each time you reboot. That might do it.

I must extend my apologies; Bloglines informed me tonight that you have 13 new entries, and this is the FIRST TIME IT HAS TOLD ME YOU HAD A NEW ENTRY IN WEEKS.

Seems I need to do some reading on peaches and Chaka Khan . . .

Spinning Girl said...

Yeah, I would say there's a compatibility problem with those two.

pukev!

Bobby said...

Well, it appears to be working, at least to the level it was before. I was hating trying to send out resumes on the MAC.

Thanks for the well wishes...

Kris, bloglines must have had some issues. Maybe they just don't like me. :(

There wasn't a warning on the laptop, like, do not expose to water. It's probably in the manual, but really, with all the stupid warnings on prodcuts (Hair DRyer > Do not use while in shower) I am surprised it's not right no the laptop cover.

babyjewels said...

Bobby, I know my experience with just the keyboard on my MAC is it can't handle any liquids. My son spilt a glass of milk on the keyboard and that was the end of it.

jamwall said...

i love my PC so much we shower together!

kris said...

BLOGLINES WILL LEARN TO LOVE YOU. as we all do. They just won't want to hump you.

Wait, whuh?

LBseahag said...

be glad it was water and not sticky stuff...or was it?