Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Reports are in: Blah

Justin's birthday went well, had a good time, and no big hangovers. Thanks everyone for wishing him a great birthday.

The angry joggers post is still accepting comments. Please scroll down and enter some, as now I am home most mornings, and enjoy using all of the comments. The plus side is that college started back up, (we are near a local college) so there are some nice looking joggers now, as well. But the nice looking ones can be angry, too, and still deserve our scathing wit.

I wrote a long, long, post yesterday, and have so far saved it as a draft. I didn't want to post it, it is rather depressing, on Justin's birthday, and may not post it at all. We'll see.

I have been following everyone else's blogs religiously (no, that doesn't mean I only read them on Sundays). The article from the San Francisco paper about Spinning Girl being in the human zoo was great. I am too lazy to do a link, so go over to the side bar and click away.

I have had the unfortunate opportunity to view a few episodes of "My Super Sweet 16" on MTV. I have never watched a show, honestly, where I have wanted to smack the crap out of someone so much. Which episode, you ask? All of them that I've seen. All of them go on and on about how much they "deserve" their new BMW, their ten thousand dollar dress, their half a million dollar party, etc. "It's kind of expensive, but I really deserve it."

No beeotch, you deserve a smack. Two, actually. I mean, even Omorosa was "working" on her reality show. A lot of people annoyme, (obviously), but people who think they deserve things for no reason really, really, tick me off.

13 comments:

Her Royal Highness, Queen of Drama said...

Yeah, I've seen the show also. My observation is that the parents really need to be smacked one or twice. Then they need to be sent to hours and hours of intense therapy. It takes effort to raise a child that is spoiled enough to think that he or she "deserves" a half million dollar party, to celebrate their 16th birthday.

Unfortunately, however, one realizes through watching the show, that the parents often have obsessive personality disorders, and are clearly living their lives vicariously through their children. Did you notice how often the kids get into fights with their parents, that involve statements like “I am not going to allow --such-and such-- to occur at the party.” Or, “I’m paying for this party, so it will be the most fabulous ever!”

Serena said...

I have no idea what show you are talking about (it must have come on after I left the States), but I saw Rich Girls on MTV with Tommy Hilfiger's daughter and her best friend. It was embarrassing. The friend was running around dying to lose her virginity before she graduated high school, and they both worshipped Carrie Bradshaw (blech!).

And what's worse, I know tweens who worshipped these girls!

Spinning Girl said...

Here cutie,
I'll do it. Thanks for being a loyal reader! I read your blog every day, & stop by probably 2-3 times a day to see if there's anything new I need to know. :)

babyjewels said...

Bobby, last night I suscumbed to the SS16 episode the "DIVO" I really wanted to bitch slap him by the end of it.

My contribution for angry jogger Wednesday is:

(starting out softly and culminating in an exhubert squeal)

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, CHOO-CHOO

(or perhaps you were looking for something a little more sane)

Bobby said...

Aw, SG, you are as obsessed as I am. I also check your blog numerous times to see whats new.

BabyJewels, nope. The more insane the better. I will use that one in the morning.

And to all, I did miss the opportunity to point out that the parents needs a good smacking too, for raising the spoiled little things. *SMACK* There, I feel better.

I missed the boy episode, DIVO, but thanks to MTV's great programming schedule, I am sure I will have the opportunity to see it again at least 4,352 more times this month.

FRITZ said...

You know what should be smacked MORE?

Laguna Beach. That shit is disgusting. FUCKING ridiculous. How 18 year olds get to air their pubescent drama and get paid for it...all while proclaiming, "This is MY house, MY car, MY closet..."
Bitches! They didn't earn that house, those cars....NOTHING. I HATE THAT SHOW SO MUCH. I hate it.

Sometimes, I watch it. God, I hate MTV and all that it has become. Remember videos? Music videos? SANS BLING???
Or am I just getting old?

Bobby said...

Fritz, some people in the younger age range than myself, (which is my bf and our friends) hate some of these shows too, and would like to see videos as well.

I get pissed when the kids complain about their small room (and private bathroom), when it is bigger than our entire apartment.

I want to see a show follow up on some of these kids when "real life" hits them. (If it ever does.)

My roomie loves Laguna Beach. I sat through 7 minutes and left the room. Yes, I had to leave the room before I totally trashed one of her favorite shows. I am too nice sometimes. (Hardly ever, but it happens.)

DaMasta said...

Did you see that Omarosa bitch on Surreal Life. I wish that other chick woulda stabbed her with that knife.

Bobby said...

Damasta, yes, that is another show that Justin has gotten me to watcha few episodes of.

Omaroso should be smacked.

Bronson should stop taking so many sensitivity courses, and should start taking his mediciations.

And the baseball dude is WAY too comfortable with his maculinity, or lack of. He makes even me uncomfortable sometimes.

kris said...

I watched at least four episodes of sweet 16 on my flight to Cali this week. I am so with you and SO crafting a post about it . . . ;)

Bobby said...

Kris, I can't wait to read it. I considered a full post, but didnt' have the patience for it today.

Let me know when it's up.

bricotrout said...

i see you were recomended by the better blogging bureau. i feel so ahead of the game. ive already had you linked for a while! HA!
and great stuff!

LBseahag said...

oh, sweet 16....the episode where i broke my tv from throwing shit was the ugly alien girl who was adopted by that rich family...where she had a vip list and the friend got ousted from riding in the limo...

hideous...

i didnt get a quincenera, a sweet 16, nor a barmitzfah....whats wrong with kids these days?

that sounded like Bernie Mac..