Thursday, September 08, 2005

My $150 Beamer

You wanna ride? I don't think so!So here I am posing next to our 1990 BMW 750 iL, which we have had for a few years, but is still well worth over $8000. With all the "pimped out" extras that we have put in there let's talk upwards of $11,000. Not dwelling on that or anything......Anyway, as we all know good people fall on hard times. We have all heard of these"Title Loan" places that you go to, with a clean title, you get a loan,which puts a Lean on your title, and you get some $$. What you don't know is, if your car is a 1990 or older, the MAX amount that they will loan you is $150.00. I took them this car and they told me that the maximum loan on my car would be One Hundred & Fifty Dollars. HEH. I looked at that bitch, snatched my title up, and went the hell off. Apparently anything older than 1991 is not in their systems, in that case that is all that they can give you. I called the HQ of the business and spoke to someone kinda high up on the chain. He just verified what the nice young bitch had told me so condescendingly. He said, just for shit's and giggles, what kind of car do you have, sir. I told him, and all he could say is that "it just isn't fair". (He was very insightful.) So when they say that you can borrow up to half of your car's value, what they really mean is as follows: They look up the Black Book value for your car. This is basically between Trade-in, and Private Party. They Divide that number by 2 and That is the amount that they will lend you. Black Book value on mine is $5500. Don't let the ads deceive you, RESTRICTIONS DO APPLY! Ok now I know someone must be asking, if he has this car, why would he need a loan. Well this was a present that I got from my Grandfather's Will. I loved that man, and in turn He Loved Me! I see now what he saw in that car. So I am not a Yuppy by choice, just by circumstance!

One more rant, and this is a short one. A local department store is having a huge ONE DAY ONLY sale. When is it? Friday and Saturday.

Saw what?

9 comments:

LBseahag said...

Crap. That means I will have to cash in my loan at the coin-sorting machine at the grocery store...
is the big sale at Robinson May?(also known as Foley's in some cities) fucking brilliant marketing. are they hiring?

ghartstein said...

Sell your soul before you sell the Beemer!

Serena said...

Have you thought about sperm donations? I've heard that can be quite lucrative.

Serena said...

;)

Spinning Girl said...

That blows!
I gave my car to the American Diabetes Association and wrote it off my taxes.
Think about donating, you'll feel good.

Bobby said...

LB, it's a place called Kohl's. No idea if they are called anything anywhere else.

Mr G. I sold my soul to get the beamer. :)

Cass, your picture made me feel all tingly.

Patsy, that's great. Can you tell I don't have photoshop?

Serena, it's too bad I can't receive retroactive payments for all of my donations. I'd be filthy rich.

SG, that's cool. If I ever have the option of getting rid of a car, I will do that. Right now, I need it too badly. Just can't afford the gas.

Sherri Sanders said...

Hmmmm..... note to self, must stop by Kohl's this weekend.

My mother-in-law has a little white convertible BMW. So funny, she calls it her 'church car'. Only drives it to church.

LBseahag said...

Kohls...that is the rich-man's Ross Dress for Less, isn't it..

Note to self:Go to Ross.

I keep trying to donate my car, it keeps coming back...
get this, it was stolen and ditched once....anyone who wants to steal a style cramper like a ford focus needs to stick to a skateboard...
Do you like the Beemer M Coupe? Thats my fave..

DaMasta said...

It's called Kohl's here too. Every Wednesday they have the same One Day Sale.

Note to self: Go to Foley's and over pay for everything.

No one respects my Ford Fuckus. I have more parking lot dents and dings on my Fuckus than I have on my ass.


word ver - "xytou" - Being on Xtasy is better than being with you.