Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Epihany #2: I figured out the secrets of Lost

Tonight was the season premiere of Lost. I no longer need to watch it though, as I figured out the two main points to the whole series that will end it and wrap it up nicely.

First, to help them figure out how to get off that darn island, Marshall, Will, and Holly will show up. They are from the "Land of the Lost", and are thoroughly knowledgeable on all things lost. (But help me out people, did they ever actually get out of the land of the lost? Or did the series end first? Or is this before most of your times?

Secondly, the things in the woods that are stalking the Lost people, are actually Sleestacks. In retrospect, if you watched the show now, the sleestaks were never very threatening, but in tradition of modern television, they will now be cannibals and spit acid, which makes for great special effects. (But if you watched this show as a child, the sleestaks were scary in their own special way.)

So there you have it, no need to watch Lost anymore, and time to see if you can order old Land of the Lost episodes from Amazon. Not really, but at least rent "Trilogy of Terror", that one if worth watching again, if only for the one with the doll.

7 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

SO great. There's only a very few people who ever know what sleestacks are when I mention them, which is often.

And then periodically that Allosaurus whould attack the cave & they'd come back at him with a giant log? Remember?

And what was up with those weird transport crystals?

that show was a crack dream.

Later the Cleestacks came back--as teletubbies. I almost pooped muh drawers.

You rock!!!

Bobby said...

Patsy, it was one of the only options where I lived in that particular time slot. (I know, I could've turned it off, but Superfriends was on next)

SG, I was surprised that in Jurassic park they didn't try using giant logs. And those crystal things? I think the shows writers took some serious drugs before scripting each show.

Seriously though, did the show ever get them home? or was it canceled leaving them there forever?

Anyone?

Spinning Girl said...

I really think that show just ... ended. I think there were only like 7 episodes, and the same stuff always happened. I remember zero plot. All I remember is that Allosaur, crystals, sleestacks, then like these caves? with fog in them? or something? and was there a baby dinosaur? Oh, and sometimes they'd look in some looking glass and see their mom? Or did I dream that.

I wanna get it on DVD. Let's investigate.

Bobby said...

SG, do you remember the monkey boy? Crap, I have totally forgotten his name. He was friends with the kids.... Now I have to go research.

bricotrout said...

heh heh, a guy in my fraternity was nicknamed 'sleastack' cause he looked like one
that was a great show!

Spinning Girl said...

I don't remember any kind of f***in monkey.

Shanshu said...

I give you kudos for knowing the names of those little alien guys from the show...I would have never remembered that.

+10 cool points.