Sunday, August 14, 2005

Richmond, argh.

Ok, so I spent a majority of my life in Austin, Texas. No, it's not like Texas you see on television, more like Austin Real World on MTV. There was always something fun to do, and interesting people, and a laid back atmosphere. (Don't get me wrong, if you stepped out of Austin, you were smack dab in the middle of Texas, but if you stayed in Austin, you were fine.)

Anyway, Austin always had cool stuff happening, Rattlesnake Roundup, Eeyore's Birthday Party (an excuse to party, but a creative one.) So today, in Richmond, we are having the "Watermelon Festival".

Yes, you read it correctly. An area of town with lots of shops, closes off the streets, and people walk around, shop, and eat watermelon. What else, you ask? Well, we went a few years ago, and that was it. Will I be going today? Probably, we live right by it and can walk to it. I will post more later if anything new was there, or to make fun of it more....

No comments: