Thursday, November 24, 2005

Time for Thanks and Stuff(ing)


Warning: While this post may contain some amusing moments, it also contains some sappy moments. Read on at your own risk. First off, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Justin and I are off to his sister's house to fix a turkey to take to his parent's house. His mom was only going to have ham and turkey breasts, which offended Justin to no end, since he is a dark meat fan. To rectify this, and help his mom out, we are now fixing a turkey to take. All so he can have dark meat. So anyway, busy day. Time for my first annual "Things I am thankful for...." list.

Things I am thankful for 2005
*Justin and his family.
*My fellow blogging friends, who have provided a lot of support this fall, and will probably never know how much you all have helped me.
*My new job. (I found out my former company is "spinning off" the sector I worked for. Usually spinning is a good thing, but in this case, a lot of my former friends and co-workers are worried about their jobs now, and it usually means they are selling off, or going under. So I am thankful I have moved on, you can choose the saying you like best, either "blessing in disguise" or "everything happens for a reason", but either way, I am thankful.)
*My brother, and my family, at least the ones I talk to, and talk to me.
*Numerous other serious things, like my good friends, my dog, and more.
*The humorous people in my building and neighborhood, who keep me cheaply entertained. (Like Big Gay Mike, who is actually a little straight guy, who misplaced his wallet for half a day, searched multiple buildings for it, and then found it in his spaghetti strainer in his kitchen cabinet.)
*Coffee, cigarettes, and bourbon. Oh, and pepsi, can't forget that.
*Stupid celebrities, who show us that just because they are famous and wealthy, they are still stupid. Like a lot of other people. I am also thankful for stupid people, but just the amusing ones.
*80's music. (Yes, I said it.)

There's more, but you get the idea, and you have other things to do today. Have a great one!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list, Bobby. Good call on the bourbon and the '80s music.

LBseahag said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Bobby!

DaMasta said...

I am thankful for boys named Bobby
I am thankful for ashtrays in the lobby.


Peace!

DaMasta.

ghartstein said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you had a good one.

LBseahag said...

I went to take a nap and dreamt about dark meat...

Thank you, Justin!

babyjewels said...

Hope you enjoyed your holiday, Bobby.

Spinning Girl said...

This list is beautiful in its subtle complexity.