Wednesday, November 23, 2005

New Job Info

I got the keys to the office for Monday, which is unusual when dealing with HR stuff, and you've only worked somewhere for three days. They like me, they really like me.

I got to track down a doctor this morning, because he got hired without completely filling out his application. Yes, believe it or not, (I didn't know this) doctors have to fill out applications just like the people at McDonalds. Makes you feel a little better about the god-like way doctors are treated. Back to me though... everyone else didn't want to track him down, as they expected him to be too busy for the application, or an ass, etc. I got him to do it right away, I think while patients were waiting, sorry, by being nice, joking, and insinuating that his paycheck could get "held up". That wasn't true, probably, but it sure worked well. And everyone was impressed at how quickly I got it done, and no one needs to know what I said to him. Heh.

I am sure this will be the beginning of a great job, and a great blogging experience. Thanks to all for the good thoughts and congrats comments, it meant a lot.

image courtesy of Despair.com

5 comments:

ghartstein said...

Congrats. sounds like you've found a great match!

bricotrout said...

make that 3 people who vomitted with you an dliked it! were back! thanks for your patience.

Bobby said...

Edee, thanks, it is weird though. I figured Doctors walked in with their resume and little doctor bag and just got hired.

Mr G, thanks, hopefully so.

Brico good to see you man! Happy thanksgiving.

Dani said...

The god-like way doctors are treated? Are you MAD? I swear I was treated better when I was bartender! (*sigh*... the good ole days)

Bobby said...

Jo, personally, I treat bartenders way better. they make me feel better on a daily basis, where doctors only make me feel better once in a while. :)