Saturday, October 08, 2005

Today in History


I thought I would try "Today in History" as a posting theme, but apparently I picked a lame day. The news that Boy George had drugs in his home is actually making news? I mean, look at that face, would a man with this face do drugs? The one on the right, people. The man on the left is Rosie O'Donnell.

On this date:
2004, Martha Stewart went to "jail". Boosting her career, even if she won't admit it.

1939, Paul Hogan was born. Life purpose: to provide entertainment in the form of crocodile dundee movies. that's it. Really.

1943, Chevy Chase was born. Parents argued for hours over little baby's name, other option: Ford.

1949, Sigourney Weaver born. Starred in Alien movies, and generally looked pretty hot.

1970, Matt Damon born. Contrary to rumors, Ben Affleck was not attached to his hip.... yet.

1895, Queen Min the last empress of Korea, was assassinated. No commentary from me, I just wanted to say I brought something educational to this post.

That's about it. Seriously. So if you are considering doing something soon that would be historically significant, today would be a good day. You would out shine all of those.

10 comments:

Hypersonic said...

I have a Boy George story: Many years ago when Cukture Club had the first hit in the UK " Do You really Wanna Hurt Me?" I was still in High School and my buds and I went to a pub that kinda looked the other way when it came to underage drinkers. This was in the very early 80s and the fashion was video pubs where all the latest music videos were played endlessly. Up comes Culture Club and there was George with his big hat and dreadlocks pouting away and my friend who hadn't actually heard of them at that time said" Cor! I wouldn't half fuck her!". Of course the Pop-savvy rest of us were looking round the pub for this gorgeous bird that my friend had said he would like to fuck, but he was pointing at the video screen. We didn't have the heart to tell him that "she" was a "he". He did find out eventually of course. But to this day he denies ever sying what he said.

Spinning Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spinning Girl said...

Oh my god, The man on the left is Rosie O'Donnell made Diet Dr. Pepper shoot out of my nose.
YOU ROCK!
Hey, Paul Hogan has done more than I have. So did Queen Min!
I'll bet Martha Stewart isn't sitting in front of her computer eating smoked oysters straight from the can and finishing her second diet soda. She's probably hootin' it up with Rosie and Chevy at the Four Seasons.

Bobby said...

Alistair, that is one of the funniest things I have ever heard.

SG, I hope the Dr P didn't get on your computer. :)

LBseahag said...

that kicked ass...paul hogan and matt damon....those had me rolling like a dog in wet grass...

jamwall said...

surely we're just looking at george with all the happy clown makeup, but wait til you see him in his schlepping around at home, uncle fester look.

Bobby said...

LB, a dog in wet grass? Good times.

Jam, I tried to get a picture of him like that, but I was told that only his official fan club president had access to it. Is that what you do in your spare time? Seriously, though, he's not looking well. in either guise.

babyjewels said...

Lulu, were you thinking homone therapy.

Seriously, do either of them ever want to get laid again? Yeah, I said.

Bobby said...

Lulu, there has to be more. If he was only doing coke, he would be skinnier.

BabyJ, Rosie is actually a pretty typical looking lesbian, and apparently they do get laid. That's all assuming she doesn't open her loud mouth of course.

Boy George, however, will probably end up pulling a pee wee herman or a george michael soon, I don't see anyone sitting around thinking, "I would really like to have sex with Boy George today."

jamwall said...

as a matter of fact, i was his national club president. i suggested that he join the circus due to his lackluster career showing as of late, but he snubbed me.

now it'll be nothing but boy george/uncle fester comparisons