Friday, October 07, 2005

My 2nd best friend....

So, the interviews went crappy. Haven't heard from anyone. One possibility that a good job will be available next week, but it's "iffy." The employment commission hasn't sent anything yet either. (Some of you are looking at the logo, yes, this is Bobby. Fritz and I, although for different but both incredibly stupid reasons, are in sort of the same situation lately.) Anyway, so one interview may turn out well, but I have to wait to find out, and it's still not the best job in the world, not in my field, but you know what, it pays money. Money, you read it correctly, and that's what I seem to need right now. Patsy, if you're still sober, please stop reading now....

Know what I need more though? Bourbon. Plain and simple, bourbon. We made some money today, not enough to pay the late rent, or pay any significant bills, and yes, I should put it aside in a little envelope, or one of those things I hate called banks (my extra free bank, that is.) But no, the money is going to pay for at least 2 shots of bourbon.

Why only two you ask? (Ask, darn it.) Well, after two quick shots of straight bourbon, I get outgoing and social enough to get the rest of my shots for free. Yes, free. I talk nice, I flirt, I suggest that someone buy a round to impress the new person they are with (Always while I am at the table of course), etc.

So, I plan on catching you all up on my week, during this weekend, but don't count on it being early in the morning tomorrow.

For those of you who have started Christmas lists, bourbon is always a winner for me.

13 comments:

Sherri Sanders said...

Hang in there Bobby. I've been in those shoes before.

I was 19, living on my own, going to college and working full time while pregnant. No health insurance, making 5.25 an hour, and I was scared to tell my family I had gotten pregnant so they didn't know.

Just believe me when I say it gets really really tough, but somehow you get through it.

jamwall said...

bottles of booze....that's the only gift i ever give. confuses my brother's kids, but what the hell!

Bobby said...

Sherri, glad to hear you made it through, and very well if I may add that. Thanks for the words of support.

Jam, man after my own heart.

No more input from me tonight, the first of the bourbon is kicking in, and the rest is waiting at the bar.

LBseahag said...

You are on the right track, and sometimes not getting a second call turns out to be a blessing in disguise later....

drink up, my friend..you have a lot to celebrate- extra free friends and family that love you!

yournamehere said...

Bobby, you mention Bourbon, but you show a picture of Jack Daniel's, which is Tennessee whiskey, a pale immitation of Kentucky Bourbon. This isn't a criticism, it's just information, dude.

kris said...

I'm sending you a case of Chardonnay right now. I feel your pain.

Bobby said...

LB, thanks, that means a lot.

Lulu, someday we will look back at these times and laugh and laugh. I can't wait for that day.

Yourname, I know, I was lazy in my picture hunting. But to be honest, I only did one shot of actual good bourbon, then went to two to three shots of Jack, and the rest were pure crap, but I was drunk enough to be okay with it.

Kris, Chardonnay works as well. Thanks!

LBseahag said...

bourbon, jack, skyy vodka...its all the same...

wonder if a jim beam omelette is any good?

Spinning Girl said...

Everybody wins with Jacky D.

babyjewels said...

You are like a blogging George ThoroughGood. Or something. I don't know. I'll go buy your christmas present now and be quiet.

ghartstein said...

I'm more of a single malt scotch guy, but hey, do what works!

Bobby said...

LB, that's my girl. I am the same way.

SG, EXACTLY!

BabyJ, isn't that the bad to the bone guy?

MrG, that's my life philosophy.

Hypersonic said...

BAbyJ took the words right out of my mouth, you me and GeorgeT. One bourbon one whiskey one beer. Things will get better but it's time for the blues, so put some Robert Johnson on the stereo break out the jack and have yourself a wallow. then get back on that horse and ride them the hell down.

Good luck on the Job front my friend.>

Trouble in mind, I'm blue,
But I won't be blue always.
The Sun gonna shine on my back door someday