Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Poohback Mountain

In an astonishing move, the Winnie the Pooh franchise sold the rights to Pixar Studios to produce an animated version of Brokeback Mountain, the gay cowboy movie. Winnie and Christopher Robin will be playing the cowboys (or cowbear?) who fall in love. Rumor has it the nudity will be kept to a minimum, to attract a PG13 rating, but will have Winnie and Christopher french kiss and be shown waking up together covered in honey. (And Pooh doesn't wear pants anyway.)

Seriously though, did you hear about them remaking Winnie the Pooh, but replacing Christopher Robin with a girl? I guess that's nice for all the little girls out there who felt Winnie wasn't female friendly, but geez, they are basically just replacing Christopher with the girl, but keeping the same plots. Lame.


Poohback Mountain would be way more interesting.

9 comments:

Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

Did you know that the real bear that Winnie the Pooh was inspired by was a FEMALE, BLACK bear in the London Zoo? So, I don't feel sorry for A.A. Milne at all that they're turning his son (Christopher Robin) into a girl. If poetic justice ruled, Christopher Robin would be recreated as Kadisha Robin, and it would be a little black girl. You can't just take a color and gender and change it like that! Whatever changes are made to the new Pooh story, it still won't unmake the bizarre things the author did to Winnie (from Winnipeg, Ontario), for whatever reason he had.

I like your idea better, too. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DaMasta said...

LOL!!!
COWBEARS....AS IF....

LBseahag said...

What? Poohback Mounting?

Monkey said...

They're replacing Christopher with a girl?? I had no idea. Must little boys everywhere lose everything to girl power?

Your version with Pooh doing the naughty under the coverlet sounds oh so much more satisfying. I'll buy my ticket now, thank you.

Spinning Girl said...

I thought Christopher Robin was a girl.

duff said...

sign me up for poohback mountain...but i'l ass on the whole "girl power" thing.

will there be a cameo by michael jackson?

FRITZ said...

I agree: Losers. I'm a feminist and there is NO REASON to nil out Chris.

I REALLY would enjoy Poohback Mountain.

By the way:
I GOT ENGAGED. Read my blog for details. I'm telling everyone.

jamwall said...

hold me bobby...