Sunday, December 18, 2005

MisInformation

Okay, I don't believe this, and I will be trying to confirm tomorrow, but apparently I was asked to leave a bar tonight. Yes, me. Some ass, in the middle of a conversation, asked if I was poor. He got distracted, and I left to get another drink, and the waiter and two other people told me this ass was apparently serious, and thought he was better than everyone else. So, I eventually ended up back with this ass, and when Justin walked off, he turned to me, and said, "he's not cute enough to put up with if he is poor."

I had it at this point, thanks to his attitude, and numerous bourbon shots, so I asked him if he was poor, and he acted all offended. I acted apologetic, and said, "I'm sorry, the wealthy people I socialize with have more class than that, to ask if someone is poor. I didn't realize you were one of those type of rich people."

Apparently, this wasn't this right thing to say, which was my point. He said some crappy stuff about me, and Justin, and when I was talking to some friends, I saw him putting his ashes on the floor, instead of one of the many ashtrays around. As I walked back to get Justin to leave, I picked up an extra ashtray and set it in front of him, and politely (heh heh) said, "here you go, now you can put your ashes in an ashtray, instead of the floor, like a poor person would."

I thought it was pretty funny, and witty, but my attitude caused some people to ask Justin to have me leave. I am asking you, dear, dear, readers, would you ever think I would be intentionally rude? No, I didn't think so, and shame on you, the two people who said yes. I know who you are. I am a nice person, dammit.

Anyway, I willl try to get back to regularly scheduled nice blogging tomorrow, but after a 14 hour catering job helping Justin yesterday, I am too tired to type anything nice. Maybe I need a wealthier computer.....

14 comments:

Kristi said...

I don't think you are mean or rude. But it sure does feel good to give it back to someone who is every once in a while!

jamwall said...

i never used to get in bar brawl's or arguments, i'd usually just have a "dance-off."

i believe in the power of dance fever...

Serena said...

that was classic! you should pat yourself on the back: you said the right, witty thing at the right time. well done. no violence, no publically humiliating the friends you were with-- I guess I am confused as to why they weren´ t sharing in your victory with you?

DaMasta said...

what were you wearing?

maybe you ARE poor.....

Spinning Girl said...

You poor folk are so damn sassy. I love it.

Ritmeyer said...

I don't think you were rude at all. Witty and brilliant are what I would use to describe your actions. Asshat is what I would use to describe the guy.

LBseahag said...

I don't think you were born with the a mean bone...

that guy is a bitch!

Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

You handled that very well! I think that is evident in his reaction. Hahaha, good for you! A man who can fight a good fight without getting violent, and still make his victim suffer - so rare.

Poor has a few meanings, and I think this poor guy was poor in that he was unfortunate to have insulted the wrong person that evening. And he had poor social skills and poor self esteem, which he disguised poorly. And, Bobby, no matter how much money you have in your account, you would never be poor!

kimberlina said...

i love it when i am able to be witty at exactly the right moment. it makes me feel happy and warm and gushy inside. your comment was awesome!

Read This said...

You were the model of restraint, the guy deserved more. You should have killed him, thrown his body to the hogs, and not had a second thought about it. LOL. Kidding, the hogs should eat better.

DaMasta said...

Oh, you're not wealthy?

I don't think I can read your blog anymore.

bricotrout said...

are we to be blamed if we are the universes medium for karmic payback? i take pride in doing my duty for the greater good.

Spinning Girl said...

Merry Christmas, darling!

Bobby said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. I usually come up with things to say after the situation is over, so it was nice this time to say something at the right time.

Have a great holiday, and I hope everyone's holiday is free of asses. (the bad ones, anway.)