Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hopping mad.


Sunday night, as I am mentally preparing myself for the new job, a winter weather warning came on tv. Depending on the station you watched, we were going to get anywhere from 1 inch to 12 inches, all by Monday morning. I had no number to call to see if I was going to be rescheduled, so I just went in, hoping for the best and that the snow wasn't some kind of an omen.

The place was open, all went well, and today, even though it was icey, I got to go in late (due to the boss' schedule, not the snow and ice), and all went well today.

So, sometimes snow isn't all that bad.

Thanks to all who voted for me, as you may remember, I often go overboard (my obsession with my blogshare owner, Gary for example) and sometimes people can't tell when I am being sincere or just satirical. Whether I "win" or not, the real award is that I enjoy blogging, and I enjoy the fact I have met all of you. So I won either way.

A brief note about the picture, how do sick kangaroos get better? They have a hoperation! Now, let's see that crap get nominated next month. heh heh.....

9 comments:

kris said...

Yes! For once I'm the first commenter! But enough about me . . .

SO glad to hear the first day went well. You gotta love that it had to ice up, eh? I think ice/snow/dust storms/plagues of locusts are signficantly more likely to occur on the first day of work, aren't they?

Spinning Girl said...

you kick ass.

Doggie Extraordinaire's Mom said...

I think Mother Nature was aware of your "Let it Snow..." post and She was so impressed with your story and its nomination that She was giving you more cold weather to inspire more posts about Her work. And since it didn't figure into interfering too much with your new job, She did good, right? :)

Hey, wouldn't the ice and snow make heckling the joggers more fun?

Ritmeyer said...

I am crying out of my good eye, that was so touching. Snow sucks ass.

LBseahag said...

Congratulations on showing up like a trooper...i wouldve call in sick...

FRITZ said...

I, uh, would have voted for you if I, uh, was better about reading your blog.

I SUCK.

Hoperation. Yeah. Still not laughing.

Kristi said...

Bobby, I thought your post was way better.

Don't blow your load on the snow yet...I'm sure we will get more than our fair share. There will be plenty of storms to go around.

kimberlina said...

mother of! why do i always miss the voting? always always always!

love the kangaroo. i got to pet one once. nice kangaroo. niiiice... ::smells hand:: ::gag::

DaMasta said...

What happens when you piss a kangeroo off?

He gets hoppin' mad.


Ba-dum-dum.