Sunday, June 22, 2008

A bit egotistical, perhaps?

Is it a little self indulgent to read some of your old posts? Seriously, I was looking for some of my old friends that used to be around and comment, and a lot of them have moved on, closed down shop, or just left their blogs at a standstill.

Then I started actually READING some of my old posts and comments. Some of you are funny as hell with your comments.

Back when the thing went around where you were supposed to type your name into google with "Needs" after it, and google would tell you what you needed, I found a list I had done. But one, just one, actually made me laugh out loud.


Bobby's needs are pretty basic: He sleeps, eats, cries, poops,and gazes uncomprehendingly at the world around him. If you edited "eats" to "eats and drinks bourbon", that would be the name of my autobiography. I know it's a long title, but it has a certain ring to it.

It may still end up being the name of my autobiography. I just need one or two more life altering, adventure filled, celebrity enhanced events to happen to me and I've got enough for a book.

Back the my question though, I think it is refreshing to read your old posts, it can remind you of good times, bads times, things you've forgotten, and it can also show you much your writing has improved, or deteriorated in some cases. In a few weeks, when we end up moving to a place here in town, I may be without internet access, but in the meantime, while job hunting, house hunting, and building a website for Justin's boss (I'm getting paid for it, dont worry), I will try to crank out some stuff of interest.

2 comments:

Happy Villain said...

Ooooh, can I tell you something? You published a post with a picture of an unusually pale (albino?) giraffe amongst normal, darker giraffes, and you captioned it something about the "white" giraffe foraging for food while the "dark" giraffes were looting. That was the single best commentary on Katrina I ever saw, and I still tell people about it. So, no, it's not bad to read your own posts, particularly in your case when you have some real gems in your archives. :)

Good luck with the move and the site-building. And please keep blogging because in another two years, you might be saying the same thing, and I'll remind you again about how funny you are.

ghartstein said...

I've done that recently. I blogged a lot in 2005 and back then I found posts with 20+ comments - many funny as hell and great additions to the pieces. Kind of makes me miss those days a bit. It was like a group of friends I'd never met but we knew each other fairly well from our posts. I actually have been considering a similar post.

Hope the job hits soon! (Mine came through Monday!! So let's hope the fortune is spreading!)