Friday, June 13, 2008

Job Hunting sucks.....


I have a good resume. I have good experience. I'm outside of a major metropoloitan area. What's going on?


I've been on the other side of the hiring business as well, and I know people can get busy, and hiring isn't always the top priority. I also realize that you lose a lot of good people by not acting fast, because someone else will hire them. (Hint hint, people, I'll be snapped up soon, HIRE ME!)


Anway, Justin's working at least, and we have a lead on an apartment (the mayor's wife gave up the tip, we're hanging out with some classy people now.) I am starting my search for a not so great (re: crappy) job today, just to bring in some money while I continue to job hunt for a job I am used to and pays a little better.
And just so everyone knows, I did NOT move here because I am closer to cheap cigarettes and better bourbon (and cheaper). I have to keep re-stating this fact, and yes, I have probably smoked more and definately drank more since I have been here, but it's a pure coincidence. Promise.


4 comments:

Bobby said...

Is it bad luck to post on Friday the 13th? My luck hasn't been that great, so let's see what Friday the 13th brings.....

ghartstein said...

I don't know about the luck thing, but I've been job hunting too and it's a bitch! Good luck!

Bobby said...

good luck to you Mr. G. I have two interviews tomorrow, neither EXACTLY what I am looking for, but one pays more, so I will gladly adjust.

Spinning Girl said...

Job hunting blows. This makes it sound like it might be good. SO maybe I should say, job hunting chews. Good luck. Try not to get discouraged.