Thursday, May 13, 2010

Complaining doesn't always get you stuff....

I know a lot of people live by the theory that if they complain enough, and loudly enough, they will get what they want.

Last night, a woman tried it at my work a few minutes before i left. She was yelling, holding up other customers, etc. to get what she wanted.

Me, I have fun with this sort of thing. So after interjecting myself into the situation, she asked to see the policy i was referring to.

I replied, "I'm paid to the the policy. I don't need to go print it out for you."

She kept on, so I asked her to leave. Even more fun, I took the items she was trying to buy off the counter and said she wouldn't be getting those either, on top of the items she was trying to yell about.

She said she wasn't leaving so I told her she was now trespassing, and I would call the police. Most people fall for this as i start dialing my own cell phone number and acting like it was the police.

She did calm down though. She did leave. And she didn't get what she wanted.

That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

No comments: