Sunday, February 26, 2006

one step forward, two steps back....

Ups and Downs. Wow, what a weird ass weekend. Friday, I finally found a dentist that accepted my lame insurance. Then, the insurance people said I wasn't eligible. I straightened that out, and was about to be seen, when I was informed that the visit would be at least 125 dollars. I had brought 20 for the visit, and 20 for a prescription, and couldn't barter with them, so didnt get seen. Then, Friday night, after killing some pain with bourbon, I got my OFFICIAL JOB OFFER with my deadline accepted and my salary agreed to. Hurray!
Then, Saturday, the tooth pain was so bad I was going insane. Justin got my old dentist on the phone and he called in antibiotics and a few painkillers, hurray.
Them someone came to tell us that my car, out of the shop for 4 1/2 days had been hit, the bumper tore off, by an Aaron's Rental Delivery truck. (I may remove their name tomorrow, if they agree to pay the damages.) But for now, I have witnesses that saw it, and they aren't open, so screw it. Today, we sort of got the bumper temporarily fixed so I can drive it, carefully.

Anyway, lots of ups and downs this weekend. Pain's setting back in, so it's about time for a pain killer and some bourbon, after I test drive the car around to see if the bumper will stay on. But tomorrow is my official start date after "temping" for three months.

I hope everyone's weekends had more ups and downs.

7 comments:

Happy Villain said...

WOW, I can't believe you're still battling with the tooth issues! I'm sorry for your struggles with the car and tooth, but I'm really happy you have the job! YAY! And maybe the truck that hit you will admit fault and buy you a new car! We can hope, can't we? :)

Aethlos said...

bourbon makes pain killers really delicious.

Spinning Girl said...

Boy, when it rains it pours ... shitheaps & applesauce. Congrats on the job (yeah!) and thbthhhhhh on everything else. Wish I could help you ... want one of my teeth?
Big kisses.

Spinning Girl said...

I stopped back to tell you to go see the change I made in my profile. You will like it.

DaMasta said...

I'm sorry, Bob. I hope everything worked out ok...??

My car has been ran into so many fucking times. I told my dad not to get a green fucking car. No one can see it. I wanted a red car. *sigh*

FRITZ said...

Wait...was it the beemer? Please don't tell me it was the seven series Beemer. That is parked. I love that car.

And: my mother used bourbon a lot when I was teething. She drank a lot of it and wiped a good bit on my gums.

And dentists are fucking witch doctors. That's all there is to it. They want you to do all these little maniacal things like string floss through your teeth and come back for cleanings and get irrigation for gums of smokers...fuck it.

Just pull the bitches.

Bobby said...

Happy Villain, tooth issues almost gone, thanks. and I loved your regardless post the other day. I had one about that word in the works, but promptly deleted it once I saw yours.

Aethlos, yes. yes they do. MMMmmmm.....

Patsy, if you can't have a job you just love, you should at least love the money. heh.

SG, no more teeth for me, thanks for the offer tho, and I love the profile.

Damasta, but with red cars the police hound you. And I love you so much I will overlook you calling me bob.

Frtiz, I made the same comment. The medical industry has made a lot of progress, how come dentists never improve? It wasn't the beamer, just the old volvo.